Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Carlo

I have a new friend and that is my favorite part of portraiture. Usually, when I've completed a portrait, it means that I am now acquainted with someone who I would have never ordinarily met outside of my artistic journey. I met Carlo at the farmers' market and knew I must have him sit for me. The drawing above was started in charcoal and then when my new set of pastels arrived in the mail, I decided it needed some color and put them to use. So far, I have really enjoyed working with pastels. I was worried that the fat sticks would feel clumsy as I'm a sucker for a freshly sharpened pencil point, but it worked out ok! I look forward to exploring more of the color potential the pastels have to offer in my next portrait.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Leah!! Hope you're well. I'll write more soon :-) Linda

    ReplyDelete