Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On the hunt. . . for models


I used to get apprehensive about approaching strangers to model for me, but I've had such meaningful experiences getting to know my subjects in life and through paint, I don't hesitate to ask now. They could decline, but usually they're flattered and interested. Above is Drew Carman of The Corduroy Road, local Athens bluegrass band. I'd been thinking about a portrait of him for awhile and we met last week. Painting another type of artist doing his craft appealed to me. Check out TCR here: music or video I also went on a model search downtown with Alyssa. One of our favorite finds was Mr. Wilson of Wilson Styling Shop next door to Wilson Soul Food featured by Oprah! He's been working there for 50 years and was so kind to us. I enjoyed watching Alyssa, who is currently enrolled in a cosmetology program herself, 'talk shop' with the boys. 
So we'll see what comes from these encounters. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment