Sunday, April 17, 2011

Portrait Exchange



Last August I attended a painting workshop and happened to work next to Irv Rudley, who I had met at a previous Portrait Society of America conference. He kindly asked if he could paint my portrait and by the end of the week it came about that we were going to do a portrait exchange. The 2011 PSA conference was set as the point of exchange. So, a week and a half for me to finish Irv's portrait! He was on the ball and had mine completed last September. It is pictured above with my rough start to his. I reused another canvas, so you see another little face peeking out from below. I'll post the final portrait. * Final portraits and exchange pictured above*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah - We met via Ted Reed in Philadelphia and hung out together at Nelson Shanks do. I love the painting you did of this gentleman!

    ReplyDelete